Sourcegraph development documentation
This documentation is for developers contributing to Sourcegraph itself.
Sourcegraph development is open source at github.com/sourcegraph/sourcegraph.
- Developing the web app
- Developing the GraphQL API
- Using PostgreSQL
- Code style guide
- Phabricator/Gitolite documentation
Plans and processes
Treat these docs and processes as code:
- Open PRs on them to propose changes or clarifications. (Each page has an Edit this page button.)
- If you see unexpected behavior (i.e., what’s documented isn’t what’s happening), that is a bug or needs-documentation. Raise it in Slack or in an issue!
Having our processes documented means we can iterate and improve on them more easily. It also helps teammates spin up quickly and take on more responsibility. To reinforce usage of these docs, refer people to relevant doc sections instead of typing out bespoke answers to questions, updating the docs as needed, in cases where the answer should be documented.
- Open product, open company, open source
- Product planning
- Issue triage
- Release process and schedule
- Company goals
- Documentation guide
- Incident response