Sourcegraph offers multiple deployment options to suit different needs. The appropriate option for your organization depends on your goals and requirements, as well as the technical expertise and resources available. The following sections overview the available options and their associated investments and technical demands.
Carefully consider your organization's needs and technical expertise when selecting a Sourcegraph deployment method. The method you choose cannot be changed for a running instance, so make an informed decision. The available methods have different capabilities, and the following sections provide recommendations to help you choose.
For Enterprises looking for a Cloud solution.
A cloud instance hosted and maintained by Sourcegraph
Get Sourcegraph on your code.
A single-tenant instance managed by Sourcegraph.
Sign up for a 30 day trial for your team.
For Enterprises looking for a self-hosted solution on Cloud.
An option to run Sourcegraph on your own infrastructure using pre-configured machine images.
Customized machine images allow you to spin up a preconfigured and customized Sourcegraph instance with just a few clicks, all in less than 10 minutes. Currently available in the following hosts:
Sourcegraph provides an install script that can deploy Sourcegraph instances to Linux-based virtual machines. This method is recommended for:
- On-premises deployments (your own infrastructure)
- Deployments to unsupported cloud providers (non-officially supported)
For large Enterprises that require a multi-node, self-hosted solution.
- Kustomize utilizes the built-in features of kubectl to provide maximum flexibility in configuring your deployment
- Helm offers a simpler deployment process but with less customization flexibility
We highly recommend deploying Sourcegraph on Kubernetes with Kustomize due to the flexibility it provides.
For setting up non-production environments on local machines.
- Experimental Sourcegraph App - A standalone Desktop application
- Docker Compose - Install Sourcegraph on Docker Compose
- Docker Single Container - Install Sourcegraph using a single Docker container
ARM / ARM64 support
Running Sourcegraph on ARM / ARM64 images is not supported for production deployments.