Local Environment Setup
Working on Sourcegraph code on your local machine
In order to run the Sourcegraph locally, the following pages will guide you from zero to having a local environment up and running, ready for contributions for the the most common use cases.
The quick start guide above provides a standard approach, focused on simplicity and accessiblility. But it's not the only way, the dependencies page below documents more exhaustively various approaches to set them up.
The following pages list common problems with the local environment and their solutions:
- DEPRECATED: Quickstart without
- dial tcp 127.0.0.1:3090: connect: connection refused
- Database migration failures
- Internal Server Error
- Increase maximum available file descriptors.
- Caddy 2 certificate problems
- Running out of disk space
- Certificate expiry
- CPU/RAM/bandwidth/battery usage