Sourcegraph Cloud is a single-tenant cloud solution. Cloud instances are private, dedicated instances provisioned and managed by Sourcegraph. Sourcegraph Cloud was formerly known as managed instances.
Sourcegraph provisions each instance in an isolated and secure cloud environment. Access is restricted to only your organization through your SSO provider of choice. Enterprise VPN is available upon request.
Start a Sourcegraph Cloud trial
Get Sourcegraph on your code.
A single-tenant instance managed by Sourcegraph.
Sign up for a 15 day trial for your team.
Use the button above to sign up for a free 15-day trial of Sourcegraph Cloud. Please contact us if you have specific VPN requirements or you require a large deployment with >500 users, >1,000 repos, or monorepos >5 GB.
We currently have a limited capacity of single-tenant cloud instances and are prioritizing organizations with more than 100 developers. When you request a trial, you will receive an email indicating the status of your request.
If your organization has fewer than 100 developers, we recommend trying Sourcegraph self-hosted.
If you're eligible for a cloud instance, you will receive a link to the instance URL once it's provisioned. This normally takes less than one hour during business hours. From there, we recommend using the onboarding checklist to set up your instance quickly.
Trials last 15 days. When the end of the trial approaches, Sourcegraph's Customer Support team will check in with you to either help you set up a Cloud subscription or end your trial.
As part of this service you will receive a number of benefits from our team, including:
Initial setup, configuration, and cost estimation
- Advising if managed instances are right for your organization.
- Initial resource estimations based on your organization & code size.
- Putting forward a transparent deployment & cost estimate plan.
- Your own
example.sourcegraph.comdomain with fully managed DNS & HTTPS.
- Hardware provisioning, software installation, and kernel configuration done for you.
- Direct assistance in:
Access to all Sourcegraph features
All Sourcegraph features are avilable on Sourcegraph Cloud instances out-of-the-box, including but not limited to:
- Server-side Batch Changes
- Precise code navigation powered by auto-indexing
- Code Monitoring (including email delivery of notifications)
- Granting your team application-level admin access to the instance.
- Configuring any IP-restrictions (e.g. VPN) and/or SSO restrictions to the instance.
Monthly upgrades and maintenance
- Automatic monthly upgrades and maintenance.
- Regular reassessment of resource utilization based on your organization's unique usage to determine if costs can be reduced without impact to service. Additionally, you will automatically benefit from any committed use cloud provider discounts we receive.
Multiple region availability
Sourcegraph Cloud instances are deployed in one of Google Cloud Platform data center locations:
- North America (USA)
- Europe (UK or Germany)
- Asia (Japan)
More details about the locations and data storage can be found in our handbook
Private Code Host support
Private Code Hosts refer to code hosts that are not publicly accessible, such as a GitHub or GitLab instance protected by a VPN.
Sourcegraph Cloud connects to customer code hosts from 2 public NAT IPs. Customers can add the dedicated IPs for their Sourcegraph Cloud instance to an IP allowlist on their private code host.
Code host on AWS without public access
As part of the Enterprise tier, Sourcegraph Cloud offers customers that have code hosts without public access deployed on AWS a highly available site-to-site VPN solution with AWS Private Link inside AWS's network, so that access to a private code host never occurs over the public internet.
Advantages of the site-to-site GCP to AWS VPN include:
- encrypted connection between Sourcegraph Cloud and customer code host
- multiple tunnels to provide high availability between Cloudinstance and customer code host
Advantages of AWS Private Link include:
- connectivity to customer VPC is only available inside AWS network
- ability to select AWS Principal (AWS Account or more granular) that can connect to customer code host
- allows customer to control incoming connections
- supports private DNS
When a customer has private code hosts inside the AWS VPC and needs to expose it for Sourcegraph managed AWS VPC, customers can follow AWS Documentation
Health monitoring, support, and SLAs
- Instance performance and health monitored by our team's on-call engineers.
- Support and SLAs.
Backup and restore
Backup and restore capability is provided via automated snapshots.
- Frequency: Snapshots are produced daily.
- Retention period: Snapshots are kept for 90 days.
Training, feedback, and engagement
As with any Sourcegraph enterprise customer, you will also receive support from us with:
- Installing code host and code review integrations
- Monitoring and aggregating user feedback
- Understanding usage statistics of your deployment
- Internal rollout programs including:
- Holding company-wide or team-by-team training sessions (contact us for details)
- Helping the maintainers of your internal engineer onboarding add a session on Sourcegraph
- Holding ongoing brown bag lunches to introduce new feature releases
- Advice and templates on how to introduce Sourcegraph to your engineering organization
All Sourcegraph Cloud instances are provisioned with a Sourcegraph-managed SMTP server through a third-party provider for transactional email delivery. Email capabilities power features like:
- Code Monitoring notifications
- Inviting other users to a Sourcegraph instance, or to an organization/team on a Sourcegraph instance
- Important updates to user accounts (for example, creation of API keys)
builtinauthentication, password resets and email verification
By default, emails will be sent from an
@cloud.sourcegraph.com email address. To test email delivery, refer to sending a test email.
To opt out of managed SMTP, please let your Sourcegraph Account team know when requesting a trial. You can also opt out by overriding the managed
email.smtp configuration with your own in site configuration. If you have specific requests for managed SMTP, please reach out regarding special requirements.
To learn more about how the Sourcegraph team operates managed SMTP internally, refer to our handbook.
Sourcegraph management access
Sourcegraph management access is the ability for Sourcergaph employees to grant time-bound and audit-trailed UI access to Cloud instances in the events of instance maintenance, issue troubleshooting, and customer assistance. Customer consent is guaranteed prior to human accesses.
All Sourcegraph Cloud instances have Sourcegraph management access enabled by default, and customers may request to disable by contacting your Sourcegraph contact.
- A dedicated project manager who serves as the point of contact for the rollout process.
- A mutual non-disclosure agreement and any additional approvals or special status required to allow Sourcegraph to manage infrastructure access tokens (listed below).
- Acceptance of our Terms of Service for private instances or an enterprise contract.
- A dedicated technical point of contact for the installation process.
- Tokens with read access to your code hosts (we will direct you on how to enter them).
- Keys, access tokens, or any other setup required to integrate your SSO (single sign-on) provider with Sourcegraph, as well as support from a member of your team with administrator access to your SSO provider to help set up and test the integration.
- The Sourcegraph instance can only be accessible via a public IP. Running it in a private network and pairing it with your private network via site-to-site VPN or VPC Peering is not yet supported.
- Code hosts or user authentication providers running in a private network are not yet supported. They have to be publically available or they must allow incoming traffic from Sourcegraph-owned static IP addresses. We do not have proper support for other connectivity methods, e.g. site-to-site VPN, VPC peering, tunneling.
- Instances currently run only on Google Cloud Platform in the chosen regions. Other regions and cloud providers (such as AWS or Azure) are not yet supported.
- Some configuration options are managed by Sourcegrpah and cannot be override by customers, e.g. feature flags, experimental features.
Your managed instance will be accessible over HTTPS/TLS, provide storage volumes that are encrypted at rest, and have access restricted to only your team through your enterprise VPN and/or internal SSO (single sign-on provider) of choice.
For all managed instances, we will provide security capabilities from Cloudflare such as WAF and rate-limiting to protect your instance from malicious traffic.
Your instance will be hosted in isolated Google Cloud infrastructure. See our employee handbook to learn more about the cloud architecture we use. Both your team and limited Sourcegraph personnel will have application-level administrator access to the instance.
Only essential Sourcegraph personnel will have access to the instance, server, code, and any other sensitive materials, such as tokens or keys. The employees or contractors with access are bound by the same terms as Sourcegraph itself. Learn more in our security policies for Sourcegraph Cloud or contact us with any questions or concerns. You may also request a copy of our SOC 2 Report on our security portal.
Accommodating special requirements
We may be able to support special requests (network access policies, infrastructure requirements, custom version control systems, etc.) with additional time, support, and fees. Contact us to discuss any special requirements you may have.